Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick coconut cookie made with refrigerated sugar cookie dough.
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) roll Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
- 2 1⁄4 cups coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 20 maraschino cherries, cut in half (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease cookie sheets or spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in all remaining ingredients until well blended.
- On cookie sheets, drop dough by Tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place 1/2 of cherry into middle of cookie.
- Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
Absolutely outstanding! You would NEVER know these started out with refrigerated cookie dough. I doubled the recipe and topped half with cherries and half with almonds. I needed a couple more minutes bake time, but that was probably due to me using a cookie scoop and a convection oven (I got 65 nice sized cookies out of the double batch). I plan on making many, many more of these to put on my personal and business holiday assortments. Thanks so much for posting these! (P.S. They are very sweet...just a warning for those who don't like that type of cookie...or you could leave out the chips, I guess! ;))