Recipe by BamaBelle30
These are heavenly cookies. This recipe is supposed to be a copycat of Great American Cookies. And believe me....it is very close!!
Top Review by Yolanda C.
My go-to recipe. By far my favorite. I usually omit the coconut per my husband, and use chopped walnuts since macadamias are so expensive. Aside from that this is my favorite cookie recipe. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flakes, finely minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces solid white baking chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on high speed. Add the coconut, egg, milk, and vanilla; mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until dough forms. Mix in the white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
- Preheat the oven to 300 F while you let the dough rest for 30-60 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Measure out about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the dough and form a ball. Drop each ball of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Do not overbake! Cookies should come out of the oven appearing slightly browned, yet undercooked.
- When cooled, the cookies will be soft and chewy.