Recipe by kvlong
This is a very large recipe; you might want to divide it in two.
Top Review by Lucky Clover
My husband and I thought these were pretty good, but my sister and her boyfriend didn't care for them (I'm guessing because of the white chocolate). I cut the recipe in half and substituted walnuts for macadamia nuts since I am allergic to them. I baked the cookies for exactly 6 minutes, and they were still soft and chewy the next day, just the way I like them.
- 2 cups butter or 2 cups margarine
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 5 cups oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 24 ounces white chocolate chips
- 8 ounces grated milk chocolate candy bars (prefer Hershey)
- 3 cups macadamia nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter/margarine and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, oatmeal, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add dry mixture to creamed mixture, then stir in chocolate chips, grated chocolate, and nuts gently.
- Drop with tablespoon onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes.