Recipe by AZ to AK
These are quintessential bake sale cookies. This recipe will give you those beautiful 4-inch cookies you see at the bakery section of your grocery store. They are great for holidays because you can purchase the special holiday colored M&Ms. The recipe only makes 18 cookies, but I have doubled and even tripled it with success. If you decide to make multiple batches at one time then you will need to break out the big Kitchenaid mixer!!
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Beautiful! I took these to a Valentine's cookie exchange party and they complemented the other contributions which were mostly regular chocolate. I didn't need to bake them the full 15 minutes. This dough is hard and a little frustrating to work with in the food processor and also getting the M&Ms to stick in it, but the final result is worth it.
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1⁄3 cups M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips, melted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Beat butter, sugar, and egg in a large bowl.
- Stir in 1 cup of melted white chocolate chips.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Stir in M&Ms and 1 cup of white chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 2-inch balls. Place about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten them slightly with your hand.
- Bake 15-18 minutes, the cookies will not get very brown, but do not over bake.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely on a wire rack.
- If desired drizzle with 1/2 cup of melted white chocolate chips. (Please don't skip this step, the melted chocolate drizzle gives them the perfect finishing touch!).