Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Can you say, "heavenly"??? Preparation time includes mixing & rolling, not the chill time which may vary.
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon limoncello
- additional grated white chocolate (for rolling) or grated coconut (for rolling)
- Bring cream to a bare simmer with the zest of one lemon. Turn the heat off and allow to cool slightly. Strain before using for the rest of the recipe.
- Combine the cream, chocolate, and Limoncello together until well blended.
- Chill until firm enough to scoop. Roll in grated white chocolate or coconut and shape with a fork.
- Keep refrigerated.
Just made the truffle base from this recipe, I didn't add the Limoncello right away after adding the cream and I think it is important that one should add the cream and the Limoncello at the same time; it assists in thinning out the chocolate to get it to the proper consistency. I tasted it and it seemed a bit flat so I added about 1/4 t of salt (I doubled the recipe). It brought it to the flavor I was looking for. I always add a little salt to desserts :) I can already tell these will be delicious for Thanksgiving. I am planning on rolling them in both grated white chocolate and coconut.
These taste delicious. I had a little trouble with melting my chocolate, so after straining my cream into the chocolate, I put it back on the stove-top to melt it. After adding the limoncello I felt that the lemon flavor was still a little mild, so I added another tablespoon. I rolled some of my truffles a little big because I got about 20 truffles total. I rolled most of the truffles in coconut, but I also rolled a few in chopped white chocolate, I think I like the chopped chocolate version the best. Thanks for posting!
Lovely little sweets! The lemon and white chocolate go so well together! My coconut was a little bit dry, so I moistened it with a bit more limoncello before rolling the truffles in it -- nice little extra hit of lemon flavor. Yum! Thanks for posting, teamie! ;) Made for the Emerald City Shakers for ZWT7