Recipe by Elmotoo
Can you say, "heavenly"??? Preparation time includes mixing & rolling, not the chill time which may vary.
Top Review by John'sGurl
Just made the truffle base from this recipe, I didn't add the Limoncello right away after adding the cream and I think it is important that one should add the cream and the Limoncello at the same time; it assists in thinning out the chocolate to get it to the proper consistency. I tasted it and it seemed a bit flat so I added about 1/4 t of salt (I doubled the recipe). It brought it to the flavor I was looking for. I always add a little salt to desserts :) I can already tell these will be delicious for Thanksgiving. I am planning on rolling them in both grated white chocolate and coconut.
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon limoncello
- additional grated white chocolate (for rolling) or grated coconut (for rolling)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring cream to a bare simmer with the zest of one lemon. Turn the heat off and allow to cool slightly. Strain before using for the rest of the recipe.
- Combine the cream, chocolate, and Limoncello together until well blended.
- Chill until firm enough to scoop. Roll in grated white chocolate or coconut and shape with a fork.
- Keep refrigerated.