Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
Take a break from dark, heavy chocolate to create a citrus and white chocolate pleaser.
- 3⁄4 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 eggs
- 3 drops green food coloring
- raspberries or maraschino cherry, if desired
White Chocolate Glaze
- 1⁄2 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot water
- Heat oven to 350ºF. In medium bowl, mix 3/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter, the pecans, salt and egg yolk. Press on bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of ungreased square pan, 9x9x2 inches. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden.
- In medium bowl, beat 1 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, the lime peel, lime juice, 3 eggs and the food color with electric mixer on medium speed until slightly thickened. Pour over baked layer. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or just until no indentation remains when touched lightly in center. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat baking chips, 2 tablespoons butter and the corn syrup over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Stir in water until spreadable. Spread cooled bars with glaze. Refrigerate 30 minutes. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows. Top each with raspberry. Store covered in refrigerator up to 48 hours.