Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The creamy and delicate flavors of white chocolate and acidic and bright flavors of lemon are combined in this ever so creamy cheesecake so an amazing party will happen in your mouth. It is do die for! I found it while looking on the internet for a yummy cheesecake, do to the fact that I had so much cream cheese that I didn't even know what to do with it all. Turns out, this is an award winning cheesecake! That award is well deserved. I made the crust my own version, and increased the amount of white chocolate and vanilla extract, but if you would like to have the exact recipe, feel free to go to this direct link: (Cooking time includes chilling time) http://www.tygerbright.com/lemoncheesecake.htm
- 2 cups lemon cream-filled vanilla sandwich cookies or 2 cups sugar lemon cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup cream, plus
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 grated lemons, peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray bottom and sides of a spring form pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium size bowl, combine crumbs with butter or margarine and press onto bottom of pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven (don't turn oven off!) and cool.
- While crust is baking, place a small saucepan filled about half way with water and allow to simmer. Place white chocolate and heavy cream in a metal bowl and place bowl over saucepan. Stir white chocolate with heavy cream until most or all of white chocolate is melted. Once all melted, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Using a food processor or electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar slowly.
- Mix in the white chocolate mixture until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time. Add lemon juice, lemon extract, vanilla extract, and lemon peel. Mix until well combined. Do not over mix please!
- Pour the filling into the crust. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack until cheesecake has cooled down to room temperature. Remove the sides of the springform pan and chill in refrigerator until cool.