1/2 Photos of White Chocolate Layer Cake With Cranberry Filling
1 hr 15 mins
Talk about a winter holiday special! WOW. Four layers of snow drift white cake with the deep scarlet of a cranberry filling. Wait until you see it cut through it's creamy white frosting and are serving this gorgeous red and white striped cake. AND IT HAS CHOCOLATE *swoon*. What a perfect cake to serve at any special celebration. Christmas, a wedding, Valentines, and anniversary?. Times given do not include cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 340.19 g package fresh cranberries
- 295.73 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml cranberry juice
- 9.85 ml finely shredded orange peel
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.59 ml ground ginger
- 0.59 ml ground cloves
- 226.79 g white baking chocolate, chopped
- 532.32 ml all-purpose flour
- 11.09 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 147.89 ml butter, softened
- 314.66 ml granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 295.73 ml milk
- 2In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, the 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar, the cranberry juice, orange peel, lemon juice, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- 3Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until thickened. Transfer filling to a medium bowl.
- 4Cover and chill for 2 hours. Transfer to a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth.
- 6Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottoms of two 9x1 1/2-inch round cake pans. Line bottoms of pans with waxed paper; grease and lightly flour pans. Set aside.
- 7In a medium saucepan, cook and stir the 8 ounces white chocolate over low heat until melted.
- 8In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
- 9In a large bowl, beat the 10 tablespoons butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add the 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar, beating until combined.
- 10Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in the 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla.
- 11Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Beat in melted white chocolate just until combined.
- 12Spread batter in the prepared cake pans.
- 13Bake about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean. Cool cake layers in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- 14Remove layers from pans. Peel off waxed paper. Cool completely on wire racks.
- 16In a medium saucepan, cook and stir the 12 ounces white chocolate over low heat until melted.
- 17Cool for 20 minutes. In a large bowl, beat the 1 cup butter on medium to high speed until fluffy.
- 18Beat in melted white chocolate and the 2 teaspoons vanilla. Gradually beat in powdered sugar.
- 20Use a long serrated knife to cut each cake layer in half horizontally. Place one layer, cut side up, on a serving plate. Spread with one-third of the filling.
- 21Top with the second layer; spread with one-third of the filling.
- 22Top with the third layer; spread with the remaining filling.
- 23Top with the fourth layer, cut side down.
- 24Spread top and side of cake with frosting. If desired, cover loosely and chill for up to 24 hours. Let stand about 30 minutes at room temperature before serving, if chilled.
- 25Makes 16 servings.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Layer Cake With Cranberry Filling
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.4
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 106.2 mg
- Sodium 312.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 69.4 g
- Protein 6.3 g