Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicate cookie with a pleasant lavender icing, great to substitute low-fat and low-calorie alternatives
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup lavender sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon ground or chopped lavender flowers
- Cream together softened butter and lavender sugar. Beat in the egg and the vanilla. Stir in the flour.
- Drop by teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes at 385 degrees.
- Remove and cool on the sheet for 2 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool the rest of the way.
- After cookies are cool to the touch, cook the white chocolate and ground lavender flowers in a small saucepan over low-medium heat until completely melted.
- Brush melted mixture onto the top of each cookie and place cookies on wax paper until icing hardens.
Made these for a group I hosted earlier this evening, & they were a big hit! Had no trouble at all getting my hands on the lavender sugar AND the flowers, 'cause a friend of mine (who was part of this evening's group) is very much into that kind of thing & let me have what I needed in exchange for the recipe & being my taste tester! Everyone LOVED THEM, & so did I! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]