Recipe by FLKeysJen
From Kyle Shadix, this rich rice pudding is served chilled. Delicious with fresh raspberries!
Top Review by Sara 76
WOW! This is SO yummy! It's rich, but not too rich, creamy, but not too creamy, and oh so delicious!!!! I had no rasperries, but used strawberries instead, and we all just loved it. Will definately make this again! [Made for Please review My Recipe Tag Game]
- 4 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 2⁄3 cup jasmine rice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh raspberry (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first four ingredients in a large heavy saucepan; cook over medium-low heat until mixture thickens and rice is very tender, stirring occasionally, about one hour; reduce heat to low.
- Whisk egg yolks, remaining skim milk and cream cheese in a small bowl; gradually whisk in a small amount of rice mixture, being very careful not to curdle the eggs.
- Return mixture to the original pan and cook one minute, stirring constantly; do not let the mixture boil.
- Add the white chocolate and stir until melted.
- Spoon into individual bowls. Cover and chill until cold.