1/1 Photo of White Chocolate Iced Cranberry Bread
1 hr 15 mins
From the Cooking Light Message Board. Haven't tried it yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried sweetened cranberries
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- 2In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in cranberries.
- 3In small bowl, combine 3/4 cup half and half, orange peel and eggs; beat well. Add half and half mixture, melted butter and orange juice to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter into greased pan.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until deep golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Run knife around edges of pan to loosen. Remove loaf from pan; place on wire rack. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- 5In small microwave safe bowl, combine baking bar and 1 tablespoon of the half and half. Microwave on high for 30 seconds; stir until melted and smooth. If necessary, microwave an additional 10 to 20 seconds. With wire whisk, beat in powdered sugar until smooth. If necessary, add additional half and half, 1/2 tsp at a time, until of desired consistency.
- 6Spoon and spread icing over cooled loaf, allowing some to run down sides.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Iced Cranberry Bread
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.4
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 49.5 mg
- Sodium 216.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g