Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Use premium quality white chocolate. A delicious luscious ice cream. Requires an ice cream maker.
Top Review by Roxanne J.R.
I love white chocolate and recently acquired some nice high quality chips so I had to try this ice cream and wow! This ice cream is truly beautiful. It is so creamy, perfectly sweet and quite decadent. I did find that on first taste (which was only after letting it sit overnight in the freezer) I felt like the white chocolate flavour could have been more prominent. I felt like I was tasting half whipping cream, half white chocolate. But after letting this ice cream sit for a couple days all the flavours got a chance to ripen and as soon as I opened the container you could tell it was white chocolate ice cream just by the aroma. The white chocolate was now the star as I expected upon the first tasting and this ice cream has definitely earned 5 stars. Worth the wait and so easy too! Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the milk to a heavy medium-size saucepan; bring to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and slowly beat the hot milk in the the eggs in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour the entire mixture back into the pan and put over low heat.
- Stir constantly with a whisk until the custard slightly thickens (be careful not to let the mixture boil or the eggs will scamble).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate; stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the hot custard through a strainer into a large, clean bowl.
- Allow the custard to cool slightly, then stir in the cream and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold or overnight.
- Stir the chilled mixture; freeze in 1 or 2 batches in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions.
- May eat ice cream immediately or transfer to a freezer container and freeze at least two hours for a firmer ice cream.