Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Use premium quality white chocolate. A delicious luscious ice cream. Requires an ice cream maker.
Make and share this White Chocolate Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the milk to a heavy medium-size saucepan; bring to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and slowly beat the hot milk in the the eggs in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour the entire mixture back into the pan and put over low heat.
- Stir constantly with a whisk until the custard slightly thickens (be careful not to let the mixture boil or the eggs will scamble).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate; stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the hot custard through a strainer into a large, clean bowl.
- Allow the custard to cool slightly, then stir in the cream and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold or overnight.
- Stir the chilled mixture; freeze in 1 or 2 batches in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions.
- May eat ice cream immediately or transfer to a freezer container and freeze at least two hours for a firmer ice cream.
I love white chocolate and recently acquired some nice high quality chips so I had to try this ice cream and wow! This ice cream is truly beautiful. It is so creamy, perfectly sweet and quite decadent. I did find that on first taste (which was only after letting it sit overnight in the freezer) I felt like the white chocolate flavour could have been more prominent. I felt like I was tasting half whipping cream, half white chocolate. But after letting this ice cream sit for a couple days all the flavours got a chance to ripen and as soon as I opened the container you could tell it was white chocolate ice cream just by the aroma. The white chocolate was now the star as I expected upon the first tasting and this ice cream has definitely earned 5 stars. Worth the wait and so easy too! Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Oh my. This is sweet; this is rich; this is creamy; this is absolutely delicious. Despite the "vanilla" appearance, one taste and there's no question you're eating white chocolate ice cream. Followed the recipe's instructions (using whole milk) and it worked perfectly; it's really a keeper. I have a Cuisinart ice cream maker; it took this mixture all in one batch. It did take an overnight freezing for this to firm up; after about two hours in the freezer it was still at a soft-serve stage. Thanks for posting!
Wonderful!!! Every one MUST try this........its so easy to make and the taste...oh wow.....I always have problem with ice cream but this one turned out sooo well!!! Thanks Nurse Di!