Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From a fellow teacher--I think there should be a class on how to say no to this, if you know what I mean;)
- 2⁄3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 Heath candy bars, chilled
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter (OPTIONAL)
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (OPTIONAL)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (OPTIONAL)
- 3 cups sugar (OPTIONAL)
- 1 2⁄3 cups evaporated milk (OPTIONAL)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (OPTIONAL)
- MAKE THE CRUST: Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Finely crush or chop the Heath bars; transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Wrap the outside of a 10" springform pan with 3 layers of foil, reaching the top of the pan; grease the inside.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter; press evenly into the bottom and partway up the sides of the prepared pan.
- Place half the candy in a mound in the center of the crust; bake for 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- MAKE THE FILLING: Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar and beat another 10 minutes, until very light and smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in the vanilla; add the cream slowly, mixing until well blended.
- Drizzle in the melted chocolate; blend well.
- Pour filling over crust; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place the cheesecake in another pan filled with 1/2" of water.
- Bake for 90 minutes; remove from oven.
- Sprinkle remaining candy on top; return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from the oven and the water bath.
- Let cool at least 2 hours; cover and refrigerate at least another 4 hours.
- MAKE THE FUDGE SAUCE (if desired): Melt the butter and chocolate together in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add the salt, sugar, evaporated milk, and vanilla, blending until smooth.
- Increase the heat to medium and whisk the mixture for 1 minute while it bubbles.
- Remove from heat; serve warm, with thin slices of chilled cake.
I made this recipe for my boyfriend's birthday. It was so rich and delicious it was hard to put it down! It was gone within 24 hours. And it's super easy to make! LOVED IT! Will be making it again!