Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Have not tried this, found it in a newspaper and cut it out..wanted to post it here for future reference..
- 1 (18 ounce) roll Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 (6 ounce) package white chocolate, baking bars coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 -3 1⁄2 teaspoons orange juice
- Heat oven to 350*.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir in brown sugar, 1 1/4 tsps cinnamon, the ginger, nutmeg and orange peel until well combined.
- Stir in white chocolate, pecans and crystallized ginger.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 3" apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350* for 13-17 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 2 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet, place on wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, blend powdered sugar, 1/8 tsp cinnamon and enough orange juice for desired drizzling consistency, until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies, let stand until glaze is set before storing.
- To easily chop or cut crystallized ginger, lightly oil kitchen shears and cut with scissors into small pieces.