Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was e-mailed to me the other day out of the blue from an old college friend. Sounds tempting enough to whip up right away! *Prep time is just an assumption.*
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 -4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 2⁄3 cups white chocolate chips (10 oz. package)
- 2 -5 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- COOKIES: Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Blend in the eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour and salt; add gradually to the butter mixture with the mixer on low speed.
- Mix just until combined, only adding enough flour to make a dough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts (if using) with a spoon.
- Shape dough into 1" balls; spaced 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten cookies slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown around the bottom edge; do not overbake.
- Cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheets; transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
- GLAZE: (Make this while the cookies are baking) Melt the white chocolate chips in a medium saucepan over very low heat, stirring, until smooth.
- Add enough heavy cream to make a medium-thick glaze.
- Heat again and stir until smooth.
- Spoon 1 tsp of the glaze over the top of each warm cookie.
- Cool completely.