This was e-mailed to me the other day out of the blue from an old college friend. Sounds tempting enough to whip up right away! *Prep time is just an assumption.*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 -4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2COOKIES: Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- 3Blend in the eggs and vanilla.
- 4Combine the flour and salt; add gradually to the butter mixture with the mixer on low speed.
- 5Mix just until combined, only adding enough flour to make a dough.
- 6Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts (if using) with a spoon.
- 7Shape dough into 1" balls; spaced 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 8Flatten cookies slightly.
- 9Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown around the bottom edge; do not overbake.
- 10Cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheets; transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
- 11GLAZE: (Make this while the cookies are baking) Melt the white chocolate chips in a medium saucepan over very low heat, stirring, until smooth.
- 12Add enough heavy cream to make a medium-thick glaze.
- 13Heat again and stir until smooth.
- 14Spoon 1 tsp of the glaze over the top of each warm cookie.
- 15Cool completely.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Ganache Coated Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1622 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.4
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 49.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g