Recipe by CoffeeB
From a Gooseberry Patch cookbook originally. I love the white color of this fudge done up. So different from the standard chocolate. You could also add chopped up maraschino cherries for a festive look.
Top Review by StickyToffee
Delicious, creamy and rich. Make sure you use REAL white chocolate and not "white baking chips" or "baking bars." Real white chocolate has cocoa butter, which is key to the flavor.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 14 ounces white chocolate
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, sour cream and butter in a pan.
- Bring mixture to a rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 7 minutes or until softball stage.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in white chocolate until melted.
- Add marshmallow cream and walnuts.
- Beat by hand until completely blended.
- Spread into a greased 9x9 inch baking pan.
- Cool at room temperature.