Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A top recipe from Taste of Home. Great for Easter or potlucks. Can melt white chocolate chips in the microwave by placing in a microwavable containiner and heating for 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals until just melted. If you microwave too long, the chocolate will seize.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 ounce) packagevanilla white chocolate chips, melted and cooled (or white chocolate chips)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour; mix well. Press into an ungreased 11-in. tart pan with removable bottom or 12-in. pizza pan with sides. Make a couple of prick marks to keep from puffing. Bake at 300 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small mixing bowl, beat melted chips and cream. Add cream cheese and beat until smooth. Spread over crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice; set juice aside. Arrange the pineapple, strawberries, oranges and kiwi over filling.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in lemon juice and reserved 1/2 cup pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool; brush over fruit. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
I've been making this for years. It's so easy and can look so many different ways depending on the fruit and how it's arranged so it never gets old to make! People go nuts over it. When I ask what I can bring to a get together it's always requested. Was so glad to find it already on here so I didn't have to enter it myself :-) Am getting ready to make a football shaped one for a Superbowl party and arrange the fruit so it looks like a football with XLVI on it, what fun!