Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
Cashew-butter, cashew-studded blondies with white chocolate frosting...sounds tempting;) *Prep time is an approximation--haven't tried these yet.*
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar or 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 whole cashews, for garnish,if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- BLONDIES: Preheat oven to 350*F; grease an 8-or-9" square baking pan.
- In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, process 1/2 cup of the cashews until ground; place in a medium bowl.
- Coarsely chop the remaining cashews; set aside.
- Add the brown sugar, oil, vanilla, and eggs to the ground cashews; beat well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt (if using), and chopped cashews; mix well.
- Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan; bake for 20-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 1 hour on a wire rack.
- MAKE THE FROSTING: In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the white chocolate, stirring constantly; remove pan from heat.
- Add the butter, milk, and powdered sugar; beat until smooth.
- Spread evenly over the cooled bars; cut into squares.
- Garnish each with a whole cashew, if desired.