1/2 Photos of White Chocolate Fresh Cranberry Coffee Cake
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
I love the combination of the fresh cranberries' tartness and the sweetness of the white chocolate. It would make an excellent addition to a holiday brunch or luncheon even. To make it a little more "waistline friendly", I made it with light butter and only 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips. Originally from a Dunkin' Donuts flier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease an 8" square pan, metal or glass.
- 3Using an electric beater or strong whisk, beat the butter and 1 cup of the brown sugar together in a large bowl until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- 4Beat in one egg until thoroughly incorporated.
- 5Repeat with the second egg.
- 6In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together. Alternate adding the dry mixture and buttermilk in this way: add a third of the dry mixture then half the buttermilk followed by a third of the dry mixture and the rest of the buttermilk. Add the remaining flour mixture and gently stir until you have a rich looking batter.
- 7Add the cranberries and 3/4 cup of white chocolate chips.
- 8Pour the batter into the pan, smoothing it out.
- 9Sprinkle 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup white chocolate chips on top. Bake in the center of oven for 1 1/4 hours (75 minutes) until the center is firm when you gently press it.
- 10Allow the pan to cool on a rack for at least 20 minutes before removing the cake from the pan.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Fresh Cranberry Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.1
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 91.4 mg
- Sodium 362.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 48.7 g
- Protein 7.2 g