Recipe by Chabear01
From St. Charles of Borromeo Class of 2002 Eighth Grade Cookbook, recipe submitted by Midori Iwata. I am definately going to get up my courage and finally try to make flan, using this recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 10 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups bing cherries, fresh and pitted
- 1⁄4 cup cherry flavored liqueur
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 1/2 cup milk and the corn starch in a small covered bowl and shake until smooth. Heat 2 cups milk over medium heat until small bubbles form around edge of pan, remove from heat.
- Mix in white chocolate; stir until melted and smooth. Stir cornstarch mixture gradually into chocolate mixture over medium heat until it boils and thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Divide among six custard cups. Chill until cold, at least 4 hours.
- Puree cherries, liqueur, sugar, and lemon juice in blender or food processor until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
- After the Flan has chilled, unmold by filling a baking dish with very hot water about 30 seconds. Turn over and unmold onto plates. Serve with cherry sauce.