Prep 40 mins
Cook 50 mins
A fabulous cheesecake for my collection! Creamy baked cheesecake with coffee swirls and a white chocolate topping, Yum! Prep time does not include overnight refrigeration.
- 250 g plain chocolate cookies
- 150 g butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 3 (250 g) packets cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 150 g white chocolate, chopped
- Blend or process cookies until finely chopped.
- Add butter and combine.
- Press mixture evenly over base and sides of a greased 22cm springform tin.
- Cover and refrigerate whilst preparing filling.
- Filling: Dissolve coffee in hot water.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth, then beat in eggs one at a time until just combined.
- Pour mixture over cookie base in tin.
- Spoon coffee over top and use a skewer to gently swirl coffee mixture in, creating a marble type pattern.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180°C) for about 40 minutes or until just set.
- Cover the top lightly with foil if its becoming too brown.
- Cool in oven with door ajar.
- Topping: Pour cream into a small saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted and incorporated.
- Spread topping over the top of cooled cheesecake and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve cheesecake with a dusting of cocoa powder and decorated with chocolate coffee beans.
Wow was this good - loved it. I took Chia's advice and reduced the amount of coffee; for some reason it seemed to sink to the bottom of the cheese mixture and formed an extra layer b/w the crust and the cheese. So we didn't get the swirl effect but it was delicious nevertheless. Loved the idea of using the white chocolate for the topping.
this is a lovely cheesecake but some of my guests found the coffe flavor a bit strong.next time i will reduce the coffee to 1 tbsp. i thought the crust was a bit crumbly for my taste. it baked up perfectly, directions were clear. this cheesecake didn't crack at all, which is a plus.