This is an old favorite of my mothers. She made it every Christmas time. So it holds good memories for me. Besides, it's out of this world.
- Yield: 2-1/2 lbs
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Combine sugar, butter and eggnog in a heavy 2-1/2 to 3 quart saucepan;.
- bring to a full boil, stirring constantly.
- Continue boiling 8 to 10 minutes over medium heat or until a candy thermometer reaches 234 deg F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat;
- stir in white chocolate pieces and nutmeg until chocolate is
- Add marshmallow creme, nuts and rum extract.
- Beat until well blended.
- Pour into buttered 8 or 9 inch square pan.
- Cool at room temperature;
- cut into squares.
- If fudge is too soft after cooling, chill.