Recipe by JulieS
This is an old favorite of my mothers. She made it every Christmas time. So it holds good memories for me. Besides, it's out of this world.
Top Review by 985635
People would not quit hounding me for this. I made it for Christmas gifts with a few other kinds & this was all they'd talk about. They were threatening to steal it out of each other's mail boxes at work. I used white chips for the chocolate & vanilla instead of rum. Thanks for the winner recipe :)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup dairy eggnog
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages white chocolate, confectionery bars broken into pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Yield: 2-1/2 lbs
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Combine sugar, butter and eggnog in a heavy 2-1/2 to 3 quart saucepan;.
- bring to a full boil, stirring constantly.
- Continue boiling 8 to 10 minutes over medium heat or until a candy thermometer reaches 234 deg F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat;
- stir in white chocolate pieces and nutmeg until chocolate is
- Add marshmallow creme, nuts and rum extract.
- Beat until well blended.
- Pour into buttered 8 or 9 inch square pan.
- Cool at room temperature;
- cut into squares.
- If fudge is too soft after cooling, chill.