Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great for easter, white chocolate muffins with a caramel easter egg baked in the middle.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 50 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 10 small caramel-filled chocolate easter eggs (or squares of caramel chocolate)
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees celcius.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Mix sugar into flour mixture.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
- Melt white chocolate melts and butter together.
- In a seperate bowl beat eggs, then add milk.
- Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients.
- Stir briefly, then add the butter mixture and stir to just combine.
- Quarter fill greased deep muffin pans with mixture.
- Place a caramel egg in the centre of mixture and top with enough mixture to cover egg and three quarters fill muffin pans.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes or until muffins spring back when pressed.