Lily Gravell's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Make the white chocolate cupcakes.
- 3Preheat the oven to 180°C (Electric oven | Electric fan oven 160°C | Gas Mark 4) and place 12 paper cases into a muffin tin.
- 4Using an electric whisk, food processor or wooden spoon, beat the butter or margarine and sugar until very light and fluffy.
- 5Add the eggs one at a time, beating each one in well before adding the next. Add the vanilla essence.
- 6Carefully fold in the flour and baking powder if using.
- 7Thin the cake mixture with the milk.
- 8Alternatively, you can mix the ingredients together using a food processor. Use the pulse button to mix together in between adding the ingredients in the order above.
- 9Bake in the oven for 10 - 20 minutes. After 10 minutes, check to see if the chocolate cupcakes are ready by inserting a cocktail stick into one of the cupcakes. If it comes out dry then the cupcakes are done. If not, then back in the oven for a few minutes more. Don't overcook the chocolate cupcakes otherwise they will dry out. Lift the cupcakes out of the muffin tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- 10Make the white chocolate cream cheese icing.
- 11Place the chocolate and double cream in the microwave until just melted - under a minute should do. Stir to combine and allow to cool slightly.
- 12Add the cream cheese and icing sugar.
- 13Using an electric whisk, food processor or wooden spoon, beat the mixture until combined.
- 14When the cakes are cool, drizzle some chocolate icing mixture over the top of each cupcake. These white chocolate cupcakes are best eaten on the day they are made.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Cupcake
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.8
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 74.4 mg
- Sodium 271.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g