Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this White Chocolate Cupcake recipe from Food.com.
- 100 g butter or 100 g margarine
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 100 g white chocolate
- 3 tablespoons double cream
- 200 g cream cheese
- 40 g icing sugar, sifted
- Make the white chocolate cupcakes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (Electric oven | Electric fan oven 160°C | Gas Mark 4) and place 12 paper cases into a muffin tin.
- Using an electric whisk, food processor or wooden spoon, beat the butter or margarine and sugar until very light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating each one in well before adding the next. Add the vanilla essence.
- Carefully fold in the flour and baking powder if using.
- Thin the cake mixture with the milk.
- Alternatively, you can mix the ingredients together using a food processor. Use the pulse button to mix together in between adding the ingredients in the order above.
- Bake in the oven for 10 - 20 minutes. After 10 minutes, check to see if the chocolate cupcakes are ready by inserting a cocktail stick into one of the cupcakes. If it comes out dry then the cupcakes are done. If not, then back in the oven for a few minutes more. Don't overcook the chocolate cupcakes otherwise they will dry out. Lift the cupcakes out of the muffin tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Make the white chocolate cream cheese icing.
- Place the chocolate and double cream in the microwave until just melted - under a minute should do. Stir to combine and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the cream cheese and icing sugar.
- Using an electric whisk, food processor or wooden spoon, beat the mixture until combined.
- When the cakes are cool, drizzle some chocolate icing mixture over the top of each cupcake. These white chocolate cupcakes are best eaten on the day they are made.