Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Creme caramel has always been my favourite but the white chocolate in this makes it my "favourite" favourite.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup thickened cream
- 100 g white cooking chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup extra sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Lightly grease 6 oven proof ramekins.
- Place water and 3/4 cup sugar in a microwave proof bowl and heat on high, stirring every 60 seconds until sugar is dissolved.
- Continue to heat on high until mixture starts to turn golden.
- Do not over cook.
- Pour toffee quickly into ramekins.
- Put ramekins in a baking dish.
- Pre heat oven to 160oC.
- Combine milk and cream in a saucepan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Stir until mixture is almost to boiling point.
- Turn off heat and add chocolate.
- Whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Beat eggs, extra sugar and vanilla in a bowl.
- Pour in the chocolate mixture, whisking constantly.
- Pour custard into ramekins.
- Pour enough boiling water to come halfway up sides of dishes.
- Cook, uncovered for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove ramekins from water and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, run a knife around the edge of ramekin and turn creme caramel out on to a saucer.
- Serve with strawberries or peaches.