Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you like White Chocolate, you are going to love this!
Make and share this White Chocolate Creme Brulee recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, whole egg and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth.
- Chop the white chocolate; set aside.
- Heat cream and half and half over medium heat just until it begins to bubble.
- Turn the heat to low and add chocolate, stirring until melted.
- Start to laddle chocolate cream into the eggs slowly, whisking well with each addition.
- When the mixture is incorporated, strain into clean bowl.
- Stir in vanilla and nutmeg.
- Ladle mixture into 12 (1/2 cup) ramekins.
- Place in large baking pan, add enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the dishes.
- Cook 45 minutes.
- They will have a light gold top and be slightly wobbly in the center.
- Remove from pan, transfer to rack to cool.
- Cover loosely and refrigerate until chilled.
- Several hours before serving: start to caramelize the custards.
- Place oven rack on 2nd rack from the broiler.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 tsp sugar on top of each ramekins, arrange on baking sheet.
- Place under broiler 5 to 6 minutes.
- Rotate 1/2 way through.
- Cool on racks and then refrigerate again until chilled.