Recipe by Sweet Sami
Finally, a frosting that is not overly sweet (like most cream cheese frostings) and isn't the consistancy of soup(like other cream cheese frostings)...I use this recipe to decorate with and it has never failed me...I got this recipe from Wilton and it has become my go-to recipe. (this is not a crusting frosting)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) bagwilton chocolate candy melts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt Candy Melts according to the directions given on the bag. Let them cool, but do not let it harden.
- While the Candy Melts are cooling, cream the Cream Cheese in a stand up mixer or with a hand held mixer, till its smooth.
- Add in the melted Candy Melts, slowly.
- Once the Candy Melts and cream cheese are combined, add the butter by tablespoons to the mixture and the lemon juice.
- Combine until smooth and creamy.
- The mixture should not be runny, more of a medium consistancy, if its slightly runny, refridgerate for a while to let it firm up.