I based this recipe on several others I've seen. It is so good! The cranberries cut the sweetness of the white chocolate. Don't leave them out or it may be too sweet. If you use evaporated milk, one large can = 1 1/2 cups. Toasting the nuts is optional but it brings out their flavor. This is a great holiday sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (12 ounce) packages white chocolate chips or 32 ounces white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 1/2 cups dairy eggnog or 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup pecans or 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1Toast the nuts, either on the stovetop in a large skillet over medium-high heat or in the over at 350F for about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 2Grease a 13x9 inch pan with butter and set aside.
- 3Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler or in a bowl set over simmering water. Set aside, keeping it over the warm water so it does not solidify again.
- 4Combine sugar, butter, marshmallow crème, 3/4 cup eggnog and salt in a heavy 4 quart saucepan (if using evaporated milk use all of it at this point).
- 5Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly. When mixture comes to a full boil, boil for exactly 5 minutes, still stirring constantly and making sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to prevent scorching.
- 6Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 3/4 cup eggnog, melted white chocolate, vanilla, nutmeg, nuts and cranberries. Beat until well blended.
- 7Pour into prepared pan. Cool to room temperature, refrigerating if desired. This may take several hours. When firm, cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Cranberry Nut Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (2577 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1766.7
- Calories from Fat 733
- Total Fat 81.5 g
- Saturated Fat 46.2 g
- Cholesterol 101.9 mg
- Sodium 554.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 252.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 221.8 g
- Protein 14.0 g