Recipe by Christineyy!
Found this recipe on another site and fell in love as soon as I made it! I had never tried honey in cookies before but it works wonders!
Top Review by Lynne the Pirate Queen
Made these tonight for my office party tomorrow, and all I can say is WOW! I didn't have white chocolate on hand, and our household prefers dark chocolate anyway, so I used semi-sweet chocolate chips, which *perfectly* complemented the cranberries. I also used pecans instead of hazelnuts, and salted butter (I cut the added salt down by half to compensate), simply because that's what I had. The cookies were a little sweet for my taste, so I think that next time I may cut the brown sugar back to 1 1/3 cups, and use UNsweetened dried cranberries. Even so, this is a wonderful, wonderful cookie! I shaped the dough into balls roughly the size of large walnuts, and ended up getting 40 cookies out of the batch...which is good, because that meant that my fiance, our roomie and I could "sample" some tonight, and still leave me enough to bring to the party tomorrow! ;) Thanks for providing me with my new favorite chocolate chip cookie!
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and honey. Beat well; add egg and vanilla, mix.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and oats.
- Stir in dried cranberries, white chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350°F about 12-15 minutes. Makes 2 1/2 dozen 2-inch cookies.