Recipe by Sydney Mike
There are a couple of similar recipes that I found on Zaar, but none exactly like this one, which came from The Joy of Cranberries: The Tangy Red Treat cookbook! And, for someone like me who loves cheesecake & IS ADDICTED to chocolate & to cranberries, well . . . Preparation time does not include time needed for finished cake to chill.
Top Review by didyb
Soooo good! My 14 year old daughter made this for us for Thanksgiving. Easy and delish! I cut the recipe down a 1/3 and used a storebought chocolate cookie crust. Creamy and rich- but not too rich.
FOR THE CRUST
- 1 1⁄4 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
FOR THE FILLING
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- FOR THE CRUST, mix the two crust ingredients in a bowl, then press onto bottom of 9 inch springform pan.
- Chill to set.
- FOR THE FILLING, beat cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy.
- Beat in sugar until blended, then beat in eggs until blended.
- Stir in white chocolate, cranberries, zest & vanilla.
- Pour into prepared crust & bake 45-50 minutes or until center is ALMOST set.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes, then refrigerate.
- Run knife around sides of pan to loosen, then chill 4 hours or more.
- Remove rim & cut into wedges. Refrigerate leftovers.