Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
There are a couple of similar recipes that I found on Zaar, but none exactly like this one, which came from The Joy of Cranberries: The Tangy Red Treat cookbook! And, for someone like me who loves cheesecake & IS ADDICTED to chocolate & to cranberries, well . . . Preparation time does not include time needed for finished cake to chill.
FOR THE CRUST
- 1 1⁄4 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
FOR THE FILLING
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- FOR THE CRUST, mix the two crust ingredients in a bowl, then press onto bottom of 9 inch springform pan.
- Chill to set.
- FOR THE FILLING, beat cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy.
- Beat in sugar until blended, then beat in eggs until blended.
- Stir in white chocolate, cranberries, zest & vanilla.
- Pour into prepared crust & bake 45-50 minutes or until center is ALMOST set.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes, then refrigerate.
- Run knife around sides of pan to loosen, then chill 4 hours or more.
- Remove rim & cut into wedges. Refrigerate leftovers.
Soooo good! My 14 year old daughter made this for us for Thanksgiving. Easy and delish! I cut the recipe down a 1/3 and used a storebought chocolate cookie crust. Creamy and rich- but not too rich.
Good recipe. Next time I will use more cranberries as I thought it needed more. I do not like oreos so I used Graham Crackers for my crust - it was good.
This was a very good cheesecake. It kinda reminded of an Italian cheesecake because of the orange zest. I also loved the cranberries and the oreo crust, yum! Thanks for sharing this :) Made this for ZWT4 for the Chic Chefs.