Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I was looking for a cranberry bread that was easy to make and had real cranberries in it. I stumbled across this one and it is sooo good. Even people that aren't crazy about cranberries enjoy it. The original recipe has golden raisins in it, but I omitted them and added white chocolate instead.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, orange juice and peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and white chocolate. Transfer to a greased 8-in x 4-in. loaf pan.
- Combine brown sugar and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice until smooth. Drizzle over bread.