Recipe by Nancy Van Ess
originally from "Best of Country Cookies"
Top Review by Ceezie
This biscotti had good flavor. I don't care for biscotti that is super hard so I made a few smaller rectangles and baked for 20-25 min then baked for 5 min on each side ... they turned out perfect and not too brown or hard. Next time I will add assorted dried fruit for a bit more sweetness.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla chip
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in cranberries and vanilla chips.
- Divide dough into 3 portions.
- On ungreased baking sheets, shape each portion into a 10x2" rectangle. Ba ke at 350 degrees for 20-25 min.
- or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 5 min.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1" slices.
- Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-20 min.
- or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Store in airtight container.