Angel Amzz's Note:
A shortbread-like base with white chocolate and cranberries. If you're not a huge fan of white chocolate, you can substitute milk or dark chocolate chips, or butterscotch for a different taste. The red and white make for a great Christmas dessert or gift. NOTE: The cream cheese topping means they won't keep for long, but they'll dissappear fast so it shouldn't be a problem :) Otherwise, you can freeze them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 4Cut butter into small pieces, add to flour mixture, and kneed until crumbly.
- 5In a small bowl, whisk together honey and milk until smooth. Pour over flour mixture and stir until mixed evenly.
- 6Spread dough into a greased 9x13" pan and press down until flat.
- 7Bake for 15 minutes, or until set.
- 9When the crust is set, mix together the Rice Crispies, chocolate, and cranberries, and spread evenly over the crust.
- 11Melt the cream cheese slightly in the microwave.
- 12Beat in sugar and salt.
- 13Add in egg and beat until the lumps are gone.
- 14Add the condensed milk, and stir until smooth.
- 15Pour over the crust and filling.
- 16Bake for 20 minutes until the center is set.
- 17Let cool completely before cutting - the topping has to set, or else it will be crumbly and messy!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Cranberry Bars
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.7
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 27.9 mg
- Sodium 172.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 3.0 g