Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A shortbread-like base with white chocolate and cranberries. If you're not a huge fan of white chocolate, you can substitute milk or dark chocolate chips, or butterscotch for a different taste. The red and white make for a great Christmas dessert or gift. NOTE: The cream cheese topping means they won't keep for long, but they'll dissappear fast so it shouldn't be a problem :) Otherwise, you can freeze them.
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 1⁄2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 5 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut butter into small pieces, add to flour mixture, and kneed until crumbly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey and milk until smooth. Pour over flour mixture and stir until mixed evenly.
- Spread dough into a greased 9x13" pan and press down until flat.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until set.
- When the crust is set, mix together the Rice Crispies, chocolate, and cranberries, and spread evenly over the crust.
- Melt the cream cheese slightly in the microwave.
- Beat in sugar and salt.
- Add in egg and beat until the lumps are gone.
- Add the condensed milk, and stir until smooth.
- Pour over the crust and filling.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the center is set.
- Let cool completely before cutting - the topping has to set, or else it will be crumbly and messy!
I didn't actually do it, but I'd have been happy to devour most all of these if they hadn't disappeares so fast when I put them out ~ THESE BARS ARE VERY TASTY, LOOK GREAT & ARE SO EASY TO MAKE! We really enjoyed the white chocolate/dried berry combo! Thanks for sharing a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Bar theme in My-3-Chefs]