Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a super easy and very yummy biscotti recipe that has a hint of orange for brightness. Drizzle the biscotti with melted white chocolate, dip one end in white chocolate, or mix white chocolate chips into the batter. *Try adding a little orange extract for an extra zing. *Try brushing the top of your biscotti logs (before baking) with a wisked egg and sprinkling with turbinado sugar.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter, sugar, orange zest, and vanilla with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs and egg white one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually blend into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the dried cranberries, and almonds.
- Spray your hands with cooking spray (so the dough doesn't stick) and divide the dough into halves. Form each half into a flattish log and arrange logs at least 3 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven, or until pale gold.
- Allow logs to cool on the baking sheet until cool enough to handle. On a cutting board, cut logs crosswise on a diagonal into 1 inch thick slices. Arrange on baking sheet.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until golden. Transfer biscotti to wire racks, and cool completely. Drizzle or dip in melted white chocolate.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
We love your biscotti, especially the combo of orange, cranberry & white chocolate! I did a generous measure of both the zest & the berries, but other than that, the recipe was followed right on down! This time I did dip them in the chocolate, but another time I might try chopping the chocolate kinda fine & mixing it into the batter! Definitely a keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]