Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These scones are really moist and not hard like most scone recipes I've found.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup craisins
- Mix dry ingredients. Cut in butter then add the wet ingredients, chocolate chips and craisins. Mix just until blended.
- Flour counter. Knead & pat into 1/2 inch thick circle. Cut like a pizza.
- Place on lightly butter cookie sheet leaving space between. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake 15-20 minutes at 375 degrees or until golden brown. Makes about 8 scones.
Great recipe. Moist and delicious. I used the spoon method instead of kneading. Will be making these again. Thank you for sharing!
Love these and a great way to use up my white chips from recipe #184117....both are delicious and make a great treat to accompany coffee or tea. Simple to make and nice to have on hand for drop in guests...or for myself!