Recipe by anme
An impressive ice cream dessert for one but can easily be multiplied.
Top Review by diner524
Delicious treat!!! Loved the texture with the cornflakes and so many different combinations could be made. I did have to make this a little differently, as when I added the corn syrup, my chocolate became solid and lumpy. So I then melted some more chocolate, this time just using 1/2 tsp oil and no syrup and had much better results. I then just rolled the ball in the chocolate. I then drizzled chocolate syrup on top, just so yummy. I originally planned to use strawberry ice cream, but DS finished it before I made this, so used vanilla. Thanks for sharing Anme. Made for PRMR tag.
- 1 cup ice cream (any flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed corn flakes cereal (cocoa puffs with chocolate chips is to DIE for!) or 1⁄2 cup any favorite cereal (cocoa puffs with chocolate chips is to DIE for!)
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips (or chocolate, I even used Andes mints)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 teaspoon corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Form ice cream into a ball then roll into crushed flakes.
- Place in freezer while making sauce.
- Melt chips in microwave with shortening in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted.
- Mix in corn syrup then pour over ice cream balls.
- Place back into freezer until coating is set, should only take a minute or two.