Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
An impressive ice cream dessert for one but can easily be multiplied.
Make and share this White Chocolate Covered Ice Cream Crunch Balls! recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup ice cream (any flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed corn flakes cereal (cocoa puffs with chocolate chips is to DIE for!) or 1⁄2 cup any favorite cereal (cocoa puffs with chocolate chips is to DIE for!)
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips (or chocolate, I even used Andes mints)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 teaspoon corn syrup
- Form ice cream into a ball then roll into crushed flakes.
- Place in freezer while making sauce.
- Melt chips in microwave with shortening in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted.
- Mix in corn syrup then pour over ice cream balls.
- Place back into freezer until coating is set, should only take a minute or two.
Delicious treat!!! Loved the texture with the cornflakes and so many different combinations could be made. I did have to make this a little differently, as when I added the corn syrup, my chocolate became solid and lumpy. So I then melted some more chocolate, this time just using 1/2 tsp oil and no syrup and had much better results. I then just rolled the ball in the chocolate. I then drizzled chocolate syrup on top, just so yummy. I originally planned to use strawberry ice cream, but DS finished it before I made this, so used vanilla. Thanks for sharing Anme. Made for PRMR tag.
Oh, my! What a great treat! I made 3 ice cream balls out of this and used regular chocolate chips. I used crushed rice chex cereal and cookie ice cream. Oh, the possibilities with this one!! Thanks for the wonderful recipe, Anme!!
This was a hoot to make! (that's Texan for fun ;-)) My ice cream of choice was mocha cappuccino crunch and the cereal - Cocoa Pebbles. For the topping, I stirred in a little instant coffee with the the chocolate chips. I can't wait to have the grandkids make these with me. Thanks for posting such a great idea.