Kimmie Kooks's Note:
Chewy toasted coconut plays off the creamy, coconut-scented white chocolate ganache filling. Like tiny snowballs, they add a pretty contrast to a plate of dark chocolate truffles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1In large heatproof bowl set over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, heat chocolate, stirring, until half is melted. Remove from heat.
- 2Meanwhile, in saucepan, heat cream with butter just until butter melts and bubbles form around edge of pan. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Whisk in vanilla and coconut extract. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- 3Using melon baller or teaspoon, drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto 2 waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Gently roll each to round off completely. Freeze until hard, about 1 hour. (Make-ahead: Cover and freeze for up to 1 day.).
- 4Coating: Toast coconut on baking sheet in 375°F (190°C) oven, stirring twice, until light golden, 10 minutes. Let cool.
- 5In heatproof bowl set over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt half of the chocolate, stirring. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Remove 1 pan of the truffles from freezer; using 2 forks, dip each into chocolate, tapping forks on edge of bowl to remove excess. Roll in coconut. Return to waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until coating is hardened, 2 hours.
- 6In clean bowl, repeat with remaining chocolate, truffles and coconut. (Make-ahead: Layer between waxed paper in airtight container; refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.) Place in paper candy cups.
- 7Tip: If all of the chocolate does not melt after hot cream mixture has been added, place bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water and whisk until smooth.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Coconut Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.2
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 43.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 1.3 g