Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fun kiddy activity for Easter.
- 11 ounces white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 3 1⁄2 ounces jelly beans, assorted flavours
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Trace six 3-1/2" diameter circles on parchment (for smaller nests 1 inch circles).
- Melt chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler with simmering water. Add vegetable oil and stir until smooth. Add chow mein noodles and coconut and stir until well mixed. Cool mixture slightly. Note: this may be done in the microwave on 1/2 power, checking and stirring every few minutes until melted.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into 6 nests using the outline as a guide. Chill for at least 30 minutes until firm.
- Fill with jelly beans.