Recipe by quick meal
These little cookies are awesome and are easy to throw together. I hope you enjoy them. Cooking time includes toasting coconut. Prep time is approximate.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (room temp)
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup oats
- 3⁄4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 8 ounces white chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together in a bowl, on high, until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and slowly beat in dry ingredients from bowl (flour,baking powder, soda and salt) one cup at a time.
- Fold in oats, 3/4 cup coconut flakes and vanilla.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to put dough on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Bake 10 minutes and allow to cool 5 minutes or so.
- While cookies cool, toast coconut in a single layer on a pan in the oven. (This only takes a few minutes so watch closely).
- Melt white chocolate in double broiler (or microwave).
- Drizzle white chocolate on cookies and sprinkle immediately with toasted coconut (pressing coconut lightly).
- Allow to dry.