Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy to make. Rich, sweet cake. No need to frost. Great for lunchboxes or picnics.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut
- Mix butter, eggs, vanilla and sugars together in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add bananas and combine.
- Add powder, soda, salt and flour. Combine well.
- Fold in chocolate and coconut.
- Pour into a greased or sprayed 9"x13" pan.
- Bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes.
This is excellent. My husband doesn't like coconut so I didn't add any but I will make it with coconut next time and another without just for him. No need to frost - but it would be good with white frosting or without.
This is a nice, moist cake. I like the hint of coconut and white chocolate flavour. I also like that I can make it dairy free when making it for a family gathering by substituting non-dairy margarine for the butter. I have a young nephew who is allergic to dairy so it's nice to have a dessert that he can eat.
Nice, light snacking cake! The texture is a little denser than most cakes but not as dense as banana bread. Loved the banana coconut flavours together. But, for some reason, the white chocolate flavour wasn't evident. I served at Sewing Circle with a dollop of cool whip but it's also good without it. Freezes well.