Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from a Crisco tin.
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate, chunks or 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine shortening, brown sugar, water, and vanilla.
- Beat eggs into creamed mixture.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Mix into creamed mixture at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in white chocolate and nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 1 baking sheet at a time for 7-9 minutes., or until cookies are set.
- Do not overbake.
- Cool for 2 minutes on a baking sheet.
- Place sheets of foil on countertop.
- Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.
Everyone raved about these cookies. I did use regular milk chocolate chips since I had not replaced using the white from Xmas. I halved the recipe and got 22 cookies baked perfect in 8 minutes!!
Made these and took them to church for refreshment time. Everyone loved them. Thanks for posting! Made for I Recommend Tag Game.
excellent. Kinda long prep time, but that was probably my fault. either way, they're worth the work. And I will definately be using this recipe again. Thanks!