Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, broken in pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325*F (160*C).
- Butter 8-inch square baking pan; and set aside.
- Stir chocolate and butter in medium saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
- Beat 1 cup sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in medium bowl until mixture is very thick, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in melted chocolate mixture, then flour mixture.
- Stir in white chocolate.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake brownies for 25 to 30 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Cool brownies on a rack.
- Makes 1 dozen brownies.