Recipe by loves2bakeSB
A butter cookie flavored with almond extract with white chocolate and almonds. **** I apologize to the reviewer who had the cookies turn out badly... I made a mistake it should have read 2 1/4 Cups Flour!!! (not 1 1/4). I apologize but it should be fixed in the recipe now.***** These really are yummy!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped or 8 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄3 cups slivered almonds (6 oz.) or 1 1⁄3 cups chopped almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- With an electric mixer cream the butter & sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs one at a time until well blended. Add the almond extract.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, & salt. Gradually beat flour mixture into the butter mixture until well blended. Stir in white chocolate chips & almonds.
- Drop cookies in heaping tablespoonfuls about 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet & bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- These cookies freeze well.