Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are great soft chocolate cookies with a slight strawberry flavor and white chips. They are always on my holiday cookie list.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine butter, sugar, egg and strawberry extract in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Beat in buttermilk and strawberry puree.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and mix into creamed mixture at low speed until blended.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2-inches apart onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until tops spring back when touched lightly.
- Remove immediately to wire racks to cool completely.
This is an awesome cookie!! I put them out on the table and they disappeared very quickly. The only change I made was to grease the cookie sheets after the first time, they did kind of stick to the cookie sheet. But they were delicious!!! I will be making them again. Maybe I will try dark chocolate chips instead of the white. Either way the cookies are great!
The flavor was great, but I must have done something wrong, because the cookies were so sticky and soft, I couldn't peel them apart after I put them in the cookie cannister. If anyone has a suggestion, let me know; I'd love to bake them for Christmas.