Prep 45 mins
Cook 12 mins
Adapted from Southern Living. Mother-tested, kid-approved.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup firm packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked oats
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarse chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter until creamy, using an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Gradually add in the sugars, beat well to combine.
- Add in the eggs, 1 at a time; beat just until the yellow disappears after each addition.
- Add in the vanilla; stir to combine.
- In another mixing bowl, mix together the flour and next 3 ingredients.
- Gradually add to the butter mixture; beat until blended.
- Stir in the oats, chocolate morsels, and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 12 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
This is a seriously delicious cookie! I added semi-sweet chocolate chips with the white chocolate and halfed the cooking time. They were so good. I usually don't eat much cookie dough, but I had a hard time not just eating cookie dough. Then when the cookies came out of the oven they were so good. I defiantly recommend this recipe.
Very delicious! I used cashews instead of pecans but turned out great, thanks for sharing.
I tried this recipee and we loved it! Thank you!