Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe that I modified after I found it in an old cook book. Its a bit heavy on the chips, and a little light on the nuts.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 -12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Cream together the butter, sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Then add the baking soda and salt. Slowly add approx a 1/2 cup of flour at a time.
- Finally stir in the chips and nuts.
- Place mixture in the fridge for a half an hour. Meanwhile heat the oven to 375. (this step can be skipped and the oven can be pre-heated. however I've always had best results when the batter is cool).
- You can either drop, or roll cookies into a 1 inch ball and place them on a ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.