Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
My mom makes this pie and though I haven't made it, I have eaten it a few times. Very good and looks pretty easy to make. Adapted from Gooseberry Patch Celebrate Winter. Posted Dec. 8, 2004.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 3 ounces white chocolate chips
- Add butter and sugar to a mixing bowl; cream together.
- Add in eggs; beat until blended.
- Add in flour, cocoa, and vanilla; stir to combine.
- Fold in nuts and chips.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake in a 325° oven for 35 minutes (pie should be moist; pick will not come out clean).
- Let cool; but serve slightly warm.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired.