Recipe by nonnie4sj
This was on the back of the box for the Wilton tiered cooling racks that I bought on clearance. I'm putting it here for safe keeping.
Top Review by Just_Gwen
Good, but I found the white chocolate chips to overwhelm the lemon. Would add more lemon zest and juice. If you notice your cookies are too dense watch the amount of flour used. Stirring your flour and spooning it verses scooping should prevent tough cookies; though weighing it is always safest. Also, glazed mine with 1/4 c. confectioner's sugar and 2 tbsp. lemon juice (I just love lemon glazes!)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to butter mixture; mix well.
- Stir in white chocolate chips, lemon zest and nuts (if using).
- Drop by tablespoonfuls or cookie scoop onto ungreased cookie pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are a light golden brown.
- Cool 3 minutes on pan; remove and cool completely on cooling rack.