Recipe by Marz
Got this recipe from the Taste of Home, and I tried it out this weekend and was pretty satisfied with the results. Produces a nice chewy cookie.
- 1 1⁄4 cups toasted hazelnuts, divided
- 9 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely chop 1/2 cup hazelnuts; set aside. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter. In a food processor , combine melted butter and remaining hazelnuts. Cover and process until the mixture forms a crumbly paste; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the remaining butter. Beat the sugars, add the egg and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in ground hazelnut mixture until blended. Add flour, baking soda and salt until combined. Stir in chips and chopped reserved nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon 2-inches apart onto parchment paper. Bake 350° for 10-12 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.